Saturday 3 April 2021

Data Collection and Analysis - #3

Data reveals serious historical issues that require to be addressed. Data screams for urgent actions!


Over 60% of my class are operating at the well-below and below the expected levels in both Reading and Maths. I traced back some of my students' data and found that for the past 2-3 years they always were well-below or below without showing an acceleration in any of the preceding years. As I'm still to finalise my target group for my inquiry, I consider narrowing my focus down and planning my inquiry around shifting these students' achievements in maths. 


                                                 
 

At this point of my inquiry, I feel a bit nervous but also excited as I have to come up with something different from their previous learning experiences, reflect on my own practice and extend my teaching approaches and tools to accelerate these historically underachieving students.

No comments:

Post a Comment