Sunday 28 March 2021

Teaching Inquiry 2021 - #2

As the beginning of 2021 was interrupted by a couple of lockdowns, I haven't got a complete assessment set of data yet. However, I didn't want to waste our precious learning time and started with what was available: I analysed the last EYO data, did selective Running records and formative assessments to help identify my new targets.

This year I plan to focus on the implementation of High Leverage Practices across the curriculum with a spotlight on critical thinking and cognitive engagement. As the majority of my current class are operating below and well below the expected levels, I believe that they require a lot of explicit instructional teaching along with engaging authentic learning experiences. 

Finding the right balance of teaching approaches,  engaging tools and the effective use of formative assessments to accelerate my students’ learning and develop them as enthusiastic learners and critical thinkers should become a focus of my TAI 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment