Wednesday 21 April 2021

What, Why and How of my TAI 2021 - #4

WHAT aspect of my professional practice do I want to grow my capability in?

  • Balance of DATs, 
  • Talk Moves and Positive Norms for learning  - Class Treaty that is used throughout the year, not just a beginning of the year activity), 
  • Integrated curriculum - LCS projects as multiple opportunities to develop students' critical thinking skills and boost cognitive engagement.

WHY is this important to me and my School or Centre?

  • Targets set up in our School Charter
  • A strong need to accelerate our learners and improve student achievements
  • Student engagement to foster their love of learning

WHAT do I want to achieve for my learners? 

Create a learning environment where all learners are engaged in purposeful learning,  use their critical thinking skills, achieve well in all curriculum areas with a big focus on Maths and enjoy learning

How will I achieve my goals

  • Implement Talk Moves, Number Talk and Problem solving
  • Explicitly focus on developing a Growth mindset and changing their negative beliefs about 'being bad in maths'
  • Participate in COL and ALIM networks to improve our student engagement, critical thinking and achievement across the curriculum.
  • Continue to differentiate and plan for learning/ teaching using school Matrixes, WALTs and the NZC
  • Collaborate with my colleagues by presenting during the TOD and publishing my Class OnAir episodes to share and reflect on my practice and to seek feedback to improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment