Sunday 18 April 2021

Manaiakalani Teacher Only Day Presentation

At the end of Term 1,
 
Ko te Kāhui Ako o Manaiakalani had a Teacher Only Day with a focus on effective pedagogy in Reading. We had a fantastic presentation by Dr Rae Si'ilata who briefly reminded us about the High-leverage practices.  Then she talked about culturally responsive pedagogy, her own experiences as a learner, and focused on effective bilingual/biliteracy practice for Pasifika learners in our schools.

During the day, teachers attended three other workshops to learn from our Manaiakalani colleagues - educators that know our tamariki, know our community, know our successes and challenges.  

I was privileged to present and share some aspects of my practice around Shared Reading and Integrated Learning. The feedback that I got from my colleagues and their enthusiasm during the workshop was very rewarding; Some of my colleagues said that I gave them ideas and strategies that they would like to implement into their practice in Term 2. 



The two workshops that I attended were full of practical ideas and resources. I look forward to using my new learning in Term 2. 

I think it was a great day to learn from each other, give and receive feedback and reflect on my own practice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment