Wednesday 15 March 2023

My 2023 TAI focus

Thinking of my 2023 inquiry focus. I observed my team’s new Y3 students and discovered that about 90% of this cohort is working below and well below their expected levels in mathematics. Their PATs confirmed the data I collected during formative assessments. I believe that this is a result of previous years of disrupted learning.  The current Y3 students missed out on timely development of very crucial fundamental skills and knowledge as young students were very hard to reach and keep engaged during lockdowns and hybrid learning. When they returned to school, the main focus was on developing positive attitudes towards school and love of learning. 


PAT Y3 2023 Term 1 data




My 2021 inquiry led to our whole school's 2022-2023 inquiry focus. Evaluating my team’s “progress over time” T1 2022 - T1 2023 PAT data, I was excited to see good progress and not a significant summer drop for our last year's Y3-4 learners. This data proves that our collaborative team and school inquiry worked for this group of learners and I look forward to building on our 2022 achievements. *These students were also affected by the covid years.



Then I referred to another set of data available on Ed Potential for our school.


We can clearly see some great progress over the past years amongst Y4-6 students which confirms that our collaborative approach was effective. I think I will continue with my inquiry into improving teaching and learning of mathematics.


2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, Team Kea! You did an amazing job and your hard work shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Elena; thanks Team Kea for supporting tamariki to accelerate in their learnng! Ka pai to mahi!

    ReplyDelete