Wednesday 15 February 2023

Across Schools Teacher. Welcome to 2023!

Kia Ora, I’m Elena Terekhina, a Year 3-4 teacher at Glen Taylor School. I’m also a Year 3-6 team leader. 

Over the past years, I inquired into different aspects of my own teacher practice and effectively supported colleagues within my school and wider Manaiakalani Kahui Ako in the following areas:


  • Maths (developing an effective classroom programme)

  • Reading (T-shaped literacy and high-leverage practices)

  • Integrated Curriculum and LCS)

  • Student critical thinking and cognitive engagement

  • Student agency 

  • Teacher collaboration 


To see more details about my inquiries, please visit my professional blog.

In 2021, I shared my practice via Class onAir; one of my episodes was used for the Reading Practice Intensive Programme along with my team’s choice board. I always participated in Manaiakalani LCS cluster meetings and ran some workshops.


This year, I’m excited to share my knowledge and skills as an across schools teacher. I’m especially passionate about Maths but can support teachers with all their questions, inquiries and needs by: 

  • Developing balanced classroom programmes

  • Planning

  • Developing student agency

  • Designing engaging LCS projects (integrated curriculum)

  • Curriculum progressions

  • Understanding and using various assessments

  • Analysing assessment data and using it for planning

  • Selecting the best resources to teach different concepts 

  • Co-teaching, observing, giving feedback and modelling

  • Number Talk and the use of various manipulatives and digital tools in maths

  • Creating multi-modal sites

  • Support with your movie for the Film Festival

  • 😁😁😁


Please feel free to reach out for support or ask questions. I really look forward to working together to help our students achieve their full potential.


                     Team Site 2023             Class onAir   
 Team Site 2022 

No comments:

Post a Comment