Tuesday 10 May 2022

Tools, measures & approaches to measure students progress

Describe the tools/measures/approaches you plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that challenge. Justify why you chose these approaches and tools.

To measure my students' progress and knowledge, I plan to use both formative and summative assessments with a bigger emphasis on formative assessment strategies. I believe this will help improve teaching and learning simultaneously. 

Three types of standardized maths tests:

PAT, GLOSS/JAM and e-asttle

Surely, along with the standardized tests, I'll be using formative assessments (observations, student voice, conferencing, number talk and problem solving - tasks that require students to use skills or apply ideas, etc) to evaluate my students' progress.

The first set of Term 1 data showed that over half of my team's learners are working below or well-below expectations in Maths. Last year, my class' progress proved that my maths programme worked well for my students. This year, with the focus on team collaboration, I hope to extend my inquiry across my syndicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment