Thursday 28 April 2022

Collaborative Planning

In my previous blog posts, I shared my team's journey from individual classes' online learning spaces and programmes toward collaborative planning, teaching and learning across the syndicate. During the Hybrid learning period, we created our team's Hybrid Learning Site that helped us address our home and in-class diverse students' needs. Surprisingly, we all enjoyed this approach for a number of reasons and decided to continue with our collaboration in Term 2.

I believe that my team's collaboration is not a task to complete then move on, it will be an ever-changing, ongoing process that will involve a lot of sharing, experimenting, designing, reflecting, etc.  I noticed that when we are co-planning and co-teaching, we develop and establish shared values and commitments which in turn help unify and unite our team.

I appreciate that all strong collaborative cultures develop over time and require a lot of team effort and commitment to the process. My Team and I are at the beginning of our journey and we look forward to growing into a genuinely collaborative team in order to increase student achievement and advance our own professional skills and knowledge.

The Team's Learning Site is one of the first pieces of evidence of our productive collaboration. We are getting to know the teaching and learning styles, needs, interests, fears and hopes of each team member and this helps to shape the norms for how the team engages in the shared work.

No comments:

Post a Comment