Sunday 15 August 2021

Self-evaluation for Improvement - Taking Actions - TAI#16

How do I prioritise taking action?  Now that I am clear on what problem or issue I am trying to solve, what do I need to do and why?

As explained earlier, my inquiry was extended to the whole school. I initiated a number of conversations with the school leaders and I'm pleased that I was heard. We collectively recognised that we have a problem and we decided to address it at the school level.

What has been done:

- set up the expectations about teaching maths using the right resources 

- organised a PD about using manipulatives and visuals to teach place value at different levels

- did an audit of the class resources, re-distributed them according to the levels and needs. I'm placing an order to top up our materials.

- modelled number talk using ten frames to a BT.

- published Class OnAir episodes about number talk and choral counting

How big is the change that I've initiated? 

I believe this is a big change and it will help improve not only my teaching practice but help other GTS teachers to make a difference in their students' outcomes in maths.

No comments:

Post a Comment