Tuesday 18 June 2024

Manaiakalani Mathematics Practice Intensive (MPI)

The inaugural MPI Cohort 1 kicked off at the beginning of this term. We had two productive and intensive days full of learning, reflections and 'aha' moments.
Sign up for the MPI 2025,  as spots are filling up quickly. 


We have a diverse range of participants in the program, each finding their own areas to enhance their teaching of mathematics... Check out their blogs

"...This is exactly why I wanted to go on MPI. My strengths are in my content knowledge, as well as my own mathematics ability. However I needed to know how to strengthen my own understanding of current pedagogy, and in turn, hopefully, this will help with my planning of maths."

...how to use the PAT maths data to inform the next learning steps for the learners. This will be very useful for us as it is clear and easy to understand what the next steps are for the students. We will be able to use these and offer them in our workshops to extend and progress learning."

"One of my big take-aways is the fact that I am being delivered all of this research based material and I can pick and choose as to what will suit me and my class at this point.  Speaking of which, how fantastic do these slides look?  I am very keen to be working towards my planning for my students to be as enticing and interesting as the examples that we are having shared with us."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment