Thursday 28 September 2023

Monitoring the Effects: Term 3 e-asTTle comparison reports (mathematics)

In this post, I'd like to share two e-asTTle comparison reports based on the latest assessment conducted in September by my Year 3 and 4 students. I have nine Year 4 students in my class but only two of them didn't sit this test due to their overall learning difficulties (they focus on their IEP goals). There is no e-asttle data available for Year 3 students from other schools.

Using the concept of repeated measures, I've been tracking my students' progress in maths and sharing their results with both them and their whanau. We looked at their individual reports to set up new goals and to see how far they've come and how much they've grown. It was a great opportunity for my learners to talk about their successes and next steps during our end of Term 3 Tamariki Korero. 

Report #1.  How are my students doing compared to students in all other NZ schools?

Report #2.  How are my students doing compared to students in similar schools?

E-asTTle offers a range of individual and group reports that I've been using as formative and summative assessments to guide my students toward their learning success. Along with other assessments, I use e-asttle to keep a close eye on student progress and needs and to make teaching adjustments as needed. 

Next year, I will administer the same test at the beginning of Term 1 and then each term to collect data for e-asTTle progress reports and to compare them with PAT results (out of my personal curiosity).

No comments:

Post a Comment